Turfgrass Field Day 21 th June 2017
Turfgrass enthusiasts like groundsmen, greenkeepers, turf grass agronomists, consultants, researchers, grass breeders and suppliers of the turf industry.
To present ongoing NIBIO projects and to maintain the professional network
On this year's field day we will focus on alternative products for IPM management of golf courses
Ongoing experiments at NIBIO turfgrass research sentre Landvik June 2017
- Testing of turfgrass species, varieties and (untraditional) seed mixtures on golf course putting greens (SCANGREEN)
- Evaluation of turfgrass varieties: Short-cut turf and wear trials (SCANTURF)
- Turfgrass variety testing as part of GEVES' European network
- Induction of resistance to microdochium patch using Civitas mineral oil
- Potential for faster establishment and less nutrient loss during turfgrass grow-in using amino-acid based fertilizer
- Leaching and surface runoff of fungicides from greens with various rootzone compostions and amounts of thatch
- Effect of irrigation, fertilizer type and soil amendment on turf quality and organic matter accumulation on creeping bentgrass greens (testing of Melspring products)
- Effect of fertilizer type, silicon and copper on turf quality and Microdochium infection on Poa annua putting green (testing of Melspring products)
- Effect of Algae Green on turf quality and stress tolerance on various turfgrass species
This list is not complete and will be updated as the field day get closer
Unformal barbecue Tuesday 20 June at 6 pm.
An opportunity for networking in the garden at NIBIO Landvik. Seperate registration cost 40 euro.
More information about program, contacts etc and registration form can be found here: